WHAT'S HAPPENING: Homeschool Day at the Zoo, Fall Lecture Series, September Event (below)
MAC Announces upcoming Home School Day at the Zoo - Sept 22 & 23, 2015
The Missouri Association for Creation is pleased to announce its 7th event held at the St. Louis Zoo, in Forest Park. We've been overwhelmed by the enthusiastic reaction at our previous events, each of which had capacity groups of about 400 home-school kids and parents.
Where: The St. Louis Zoo, in Forest Park
When: Two Dates - Choose Tuesday or Wednesday, Sept 22-23 **
Two Times - Choose 9:30am - noon, or 1:00-3:30pm
- Learn about the amazing design features of God's creatures from MAC speakers, while seeing those animals up close. Special presentations on the following animals:
- Receive a colorful, informational booklet on the animals, with “fill-in the blanks” from the speaker’s presentation. These are great for later family discussions.
- At each animal location, a speaker will give a 10 minute presentation about that animal emphasizing the remarkable design by our awesome Creator.
- Ask the speakers questions about these animals, or anything else about how God created our world and us.
Please sign up with your homeschool group coordinator. We need to know the following information:
1) Family name
2) Name of homeschool group (if any)
3) Which date and session you plan to attend - Tues or Wed / morning or afternoon
4) Number of people attending over the age of 5, and
5) If you can attend an alternate session.
Children 5 and under are welcome to attend as well but just need not be included in your count. If the count exceeds the maximum size of the tour, you will be informed and put on the wait list for that session.
To cover the costs of the tour, we suggest a donation of $5 per family to MAC. After your attendance is confirmed, please wait until the week of the tour to make out your donation check, payable to MAC with “ZOO” in the memo line. Mail your checks to:
Will Burgener– MAC Treasurer, 12015 Berkley Manor Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131.
We look forward to serving you and would appreciate your prayers that this event would glorify our awesome Creator, loving Redeemer, and powerful King.
Scott Jarus, MAC Zoo Tour Director
But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:7-10 (ESV)
Testimonial from previous event:
"Thank you to everyone in the Missouri Association for Creation for planning the day at the zoo. What a great day!! The talks were incredible and the men speaking were so excited and pumped about how awesome God is."
The Fall 2015 Lecture Series kicks off Sept 18 at Family Vision Library!
Learn about a wide range of topics about God's Creation, from a Biblical perspective.
Ages: Generally geared to 12 & up, however younger are welcome.
Cost: Adults $0, kids half of that (a little math warmup).
“but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence” 1 Pet 3:15